>> 20 Jun 2004

A LETTER TO THE IRA....



Paul Fitzsimmons has a very interesting "letter" to the IRA published in the Blanket. Have a read of it here. I think Paul's approach is refreshing, provocative and best of all, progressive. The issue here is all about thinking "outside the box." I have often said that I put liberty and freedom before the Union. As Blair continues to destroy the values of the Union, and unless the English people reject his agenda, I often worry that Unionism itself will become invalid (as indeed will being ENGLISH!) I also believe that the Union, as things stand, is the best way forward. But I could imagine an Independent Northern Ireland but only one built on a set of values close to those of the United States and one in which terrorism was eradicated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP