>> 26 Jun 2004

White Misses the Point



Barry White, the guy who penned the hagiographic tome on John Hume, protests against the continuation of Direct Rule. Using the abolition of educational selection in Northern Ireland as an example of why democrats should swallow their pride and re-admit terrorist apologists into government, White states that Labour's Left-of-Centre ideals are inimical to the large majority of the Ulster population who are in favour of grammar schools.



Nobody could be a bigger advocate of selected education than I. Ergo, I am appalled at the Government's drive to end grammar school education in the Province. However, educational changes(whatever opposition we hold towards them), categorically do not undermine the constitutional fabric of the State. On the contrary, permitting power to be shared amongst a group of politicians who are determined to use every foul method at their disposal to undermine constitutional stability, is as essential ingredient in the eruption of social turmoil.



If White and Co. cannot think of a more convincing reason as to why the Stormont gravy-train should be resurrected, then I really pity the analytical nous of Bel Tel's hacks.



Important Notice!!

I will not be posting any other messages on A Tangled Web until Monday. Tomorrow I will be participating in a 32-mile cross-country hike organised by the Bradford Rotary Club. I volunteer for this annual madness across the Yorkshire Dales to raise charity money for blind children in Africa. The route (Buckden to Bolton Abbey) is stunning. It was made famous as the area where Calendar Girls was filmed. Wish me luck, I am going to need it.



Hope you all have good blogging sessions during my absence. Till Monday, ciao!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP