>> 29 Aug 2004

THE SPECTATOR BLAMES AMERICA.



I know I have mentioned this before but the UK "Spectator" magazine constantly annoys me with its anti-American rhetoric. In the current edition there are two article that sicken me.



The first is the cosmically stupid editorial which seeks to blame the decline of West Indian CRICKET on...yip...America! The argument employed is so pathetic that I won't waste my time repeating it but it tells you all you need to know about the editorial insight of the Spectator.



The second is an article by Ella Windsor entitled, "American food sucks." Well, can I just say that American food is like British food, good and bad! It is certainly less expensive, less riddled with the likes of BSE, and far more varied. I enjoy American food, find US Supermarkets excellent, find US restaurants superb and dispute Ella Windsor's prejudices.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP