>> 3 Oct 2004

HOWARD SAYS ELVIS MAY NOT BE DEAD.



I'm sure you all know that I favour a right-wing Conservative Government gaining the levers of small government BUT, if Michael Howard really imagines that his Party has ANY chance of "winning" the General Election, then I fear he is mad. More likely, he is going through the motions but the sad thing for me is he shouldn't be. He should be asserting a vision, values, conservative principles that people will respond to. But he can't quite do it. He should be exposing the malignancy of Labour. He should be developing strategic vision. I don't see it - do you?



I have a theory that when the Conservative Party turned on Margaret Thatcher - it committed political suicide. Sadly, with suicide there is no way back. Maybe the UKIP should replace this complacent charmless conservative set - without passion and principles there is little point in politics - and the Tories lack both. They have handed the left leaning UK media the rope to hang them....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP