>> 19 May 2004

SLUGGER O'TOOLE.



For some time, I have enjoyed the cut and thrust of debate on the Slugger O'Toole web site. As you will see, I give it pride of place in my links. However, in recent times I have noticed that a number of nationalist/republican posters are permitted to launch one ad hominen attack after another on me and there is little said to them. Since I have no intention of lowering myself to their gutter level, the issue is as follows; Is it tenable for a strong-minded Unionist like myself to continue contributing to Slugger?

If the stream of abuse is not stopped, and quickly, then it is obvious the answer will be No.



This would sadden me in that it stops people of different views putting their wildly varying perspectives - but I don't feel like having any more crap thrown my way.



So, I guess we'll watch this space.



I have come to know quite a few Slugger contributors, and not least the intelligent balanced Mick Fealty, and I would like to keep their acquaintance, but the time for this abuse to stop is past.



Either sort them out or lose another unionist.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP